Wincen Santoso is a New York and Indonesia-qualified attorney and a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators whose practice focuses on antitrust, white collar, appellate litigation, bankruptcy and restructuring, and arbitration matters, with more than 14 years of experience.
He has represented both the sovereign state, the Government of Indonesia, as well as multinational corporations in various sectors and major Indonesian banks, among other sizeable companies.
Wincen has advised major multinational companies in doing business in Indonesia. He was the lead attorney in the acquisition of a multi-finance company in Indonesia by one of the world’s largest insurance companies, and in General Electric’s various internal restructuring and acquisitions in Indonesia, notably the General Electric’s deal with Wabtec. He was previously seconded to Pfizer Indonesia where he handled all of the legal works of Pfizer in Indonesia.
Wincen represents both companies and individuals in a wide array of international investigations and enforcement actions involving antitrust, anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws across multiple jurisdictions in Asia. He has represented clients before various law enforcements in Asia, notably the Indonesian Police, the Indonesian Business Competition Supervisory Commission (KPPU), the Indonesian Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK), and the Attorney General Office.
Wincen is well-versed in handling a range of complex commercial disputes and bankruptcy matters. He has represented major multinational corporations and individuals before trial and appellate courts in Indonesia, including cassation and civil review proceedings before the Supreme Court of Indonesia. He has handled more than 20 complex Indonesian Supreme Court cases and more than 20 bankruptcy cases and its related matters.
Wincen also has substantial international commercial arbitration experience. He has represented clients in arbitration proceedings conducted under the auspices of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), and the Indonesian Domestic Arbitration Centre (BANI). He speaks English and Indonesian languages, and basic Chinese Mandarin and Japanese.
Wincen has spoken at several national seminars, including before the Ministry of Defence, the National Resilience Institute of the Republic of Indonesia, Indonesian state-owned enterprises, and the University of Indonesia. He has also facilitated and spoken at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre, the International Chamber of Commerce International Court of Arbitration, and the Law Society of Singapore. His writings have been published in major publications such as the International Financial Law Review and the Lexis Nexis Advance for Arbitration, Bankruptcy, and Competition Law.
- University of Indonesia, Bachelor of Laws (top 3 most outstanding students/Mahasiswa Berprestasi Utama)
- University of Southern California, Master of Laws (graduated with honors, Dean’s Merits Scholar)
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and New York University, Master of Science in Finance
- Indonesian advocate (PERADI)
- Receiver and administrator for bankruptcy
- Attorney-at-law admitted with the Supreme Court of New York
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Corporate and M&A Recommended Lawyer (2023) by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific (Legalease)
- Rising Star (2023) by the Asian Legal Business
- Future Star by the Benchmark Litigation – Asia Pacific (2023)
- White-Collar Crime Recommended Lawyer (2021) by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific (Legalease)
- Singapore’s Top 20 Most Influential Lawyers Aged 40 and Under (2019) by the Singapore Business Review